Diagnosing Dermographism and Treatment Options

by Matt

Skin Writing or Dermographism on Arm

Skin Writing or Dermographism on Arm

I am 15 years old and I was over at my Aunt's house and she has Dermographism. I told her my skin pops up and she said I have it to. I went to the doctors to get stitches and when I looked all around the stitches I had random spots popping out! I asked if I had Dermographism and she said yes, but that is all she said. I think it is a cool writing thing, but I do not know what I should do? No one knows what it is?

That sure looks like dermographism to me. The best course of action is to visit a doctor to verify the diagnosis and to ensure you are healthy otherwise and nothing else is going on with your body. Although many doctors are unaware of this skin problem, more and more are becoming familiar with it. If your doctor has no idea what it is, you can tell him what you think. Treatment of dermographism is discussed on the dermatographism treatments page of this website.

A couple of options that can help not only control the hives or welts symptoms but also cure the problem altogether. Please consult this page for how to obtain these treatments for dermatographism and hive related skin problems.

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Dermographism Questions and Answers.

Copyright 2006-2017 healthy-skincare.com

Disclaimer and Privacy Policy