The Signs of Skin Aging
Skin aging signs gradually appear throughout the various stages of life. Some of the symptoms of aging skin can be classified into certain age groups.
Wrinkle cream information is available at this LINK.
Pre-teen Years (12 years old and younger)
The skin is usually in near perfect condition in terms of skin aging signs, not including the presence of any skin diseases or lasting damage caused by skin diseases.
- skin is soft and smooth, plump and with small pores
- abnormal skin growths, birthmarks, and moles may be present (these are not indications of aging skin as they were likely present at birth)
- scars due to day-to-day living begin to accumulate
13 to 20 Years Old Aging of Skin Signs
Many changes are occurring to the body during this age range. Some of these changes manifest themselves in the skin.
- various degrees of acne develop depending on the individual
- scaring as a result of acne
- fine lines start to appear
- appearance of hair in unwanted areas of the skin
20 to 30 Years Old
For this age group, the first real signs of aging of skin begin to appear.
- appearance of additional fine lines and first minor wrinkles
- slight dulling of the skin
- enlarging of skin pores begins
- some loss in the elasticity of the skin
- slight skin sagging, especially around the eye
- acne and associated scarring
- appearance of excess hair on the skin
For women, pregnancy is likely to occur during this time and there are associated skin problems that occur more significantly because of this such as:
- stretch marks
- varicose and spider veins
- skin discolouration or pigmentation problems
30 to 40 Years Old
Some of the initial skin aging signs experienced for the 20 to 30 year old age group begin to become more evident. In addition, some additional signs of skin aging appear.
- more lines on the forehead and around the eyes and mouth
- more wrinkles evident
- potential appearance of facial veins and varicose and spider veins on the legs
- more likely to see changes or unusual dark spots on the skin which could be early warning signs for skin cancer
40 to 55 Years Old
This age group is where the aging skin signs really become more significant and more of a concern for people.
- scars and blemishes from younger times become more evident
- more fine lines and wrinkles and those wrinkles begin to deepen noticeably
- significantly more sagging of the skin around the eyes and cheeks
- more facial veins, varicose veins, spider veins
- appearance of age spots that begin to darken
- skin takes on more of a rough texture
- more significant enlarging of pores
- recovery of skin from damage begins to slow
- beginning of skin discolouration and pigmentation problems
Over 55 Years Old Skin Aging Signs
- many fine lines and deep wrinkles
- uneven colour or skin pigmentation
- sagging of skin becomes worse in all areas
- dark circles appear under the eye
- liver spots and the greater likelihood that moles and warts will appear
- the probable significant appearance of many of the intrinsic and extrinsic aging signs mentioned above
skin care | anti aging skin care | aging of skin signs | skin aging stages | aging of skin causes | aging of skin prevention | wrinkle cream | botox |botox alternatives | non surgical face lift | microdermabrasion | stretch marks treatment | spider veins | hair removal | laser tattoo removal
PICTURES OF RASHES PAGE